[DWJ] Hi everyone!

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Fri May 5 09:31:04 EDT 2006

So is mine. Library, around 12 years old, don't remeber which it was,
probably Charmed Life or Magicians of Caprona.

But my "rediscovery" story is a bit more interesting. A few years ago I
bought the first Harry Potter for my mother, who is an English teacher (I'm
German, btw) and read it, too. I liked it, but thought that the hype wasn't
that jusitified. There had been magical stories around for much longer, I'd
read them as a kid. And what felt like "gaps" to me in the first Harry
Potter had been, I felt, done in a better way. By that author I loved so
much that her books were among the few treasured children's books I kept in
my bookcase (the others had to be packed away due to lack of room). So I
went and reread them, Charmed Life, Power of Three, Magicians, Archer's Goon
(by... DWJ... surprise!). And checked the internet, discovered the newer
ones and the list. :-)

Then I started reading DWJ in English, which led to a very strange "deja
vue" (sp? or should that be deja lit?) when I only noticed about twenty
pages into Witch Week that I had already read it as a kid.

Bettina,

also welcoming our newbies :-)