[DWJ] Hello :)

Rene Fleischbein rene_fleischbein at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 22:28:39 EDT 2006

Hi All...

OK, I should do this too.  I joined the group about a year ago because I'm
doing my thesis on Fire and Hemlock.  At first I was going to do it on seven
books but that dwindled to four and then just the one.  I think, though it's
so hard to choose, that Deep Secret is my favorite DWJ book.  I really
appreciate that DWJ does great things with language.  The stories are
fabulous but the language style makes them truly enchanting.

I must also mention that Jackie Stallcup told me about this list.  She is my
thesis director and has been a big help.  She's really great and great at
what she does!  (as always, thanks Jackie!)

I am attending the ChLA conference in June and the paper I'm giving is based
on one chapter of my thesis.  It's about the transformation of a female
character from the traditional literary model to a true hero in the classic
tradition - basically, how Polly is a feminist hero without losing her
femininity.  Hopefully I will make sense!

Thanks to everyone on the list for your insightfulness and the great
discussions!  Thanks for all your help too!

Cheers,
Rene