[DWJ] Howl's dissertation on spells

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Mon May 1 15:22:00 EDT 2006

On 1/5/06 17:12, "minnow at belfry.org.uk" <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:

> Howell Jenkins played rugby for Swansea University, and his doctoral thesis
> was on Spells -- his first degree was in Philosophy (probably Philosophy
> with something-or-other, but his interest was philosophy).  One day he
> found himself being pursued by the four brothers of a young lady he'd
> played ever so slightly fast-and-loose with (no surprises there) who were
> chanting "Blood for Blod!" as they chased him down the street.

That's a relief - I had been surprised at the idea of rugby thugs, as rugby
types are generally quite civilised, unlike soccer ones, at least in the UK.
But if there was a sister in the case ...

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com

" '... I have been run over by the speeding chariot of fate and caught up in
its spiked wheels.'
' I hate it when that happens,' said Stephen." (Indiscretion by Jude Morgan)