[DWJ] Survey Part 3: Mahy

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Mar 30 17:32:22 EST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Emma Comerford wrote:

> I think Mahy does better short stories than DWJ and highly recommend the
> collection "The door in the air and other stories".
>
> Emma

Oh!  Recommendation seconded!  It's been ages since I read any Mahy
novels, and I don't remember the ones I did read very well (I have the
vague impression that I may have read _The Changeover_ in middle school,
but I'm not actually sure, for example).  But I've had _The Door in the
Air_ since I was eight and have consistently loved it (just like DWJ) ever
since.  One of the best things about it is that there are at least five
stories in that book that I have, at one point, felt were my favorite
story in the book.  It's so rich!  And I find the whole "one step further
on" bit from the last story in the book to be something of a personal
motto/ideal.

					---Kyra

---
Dr. Gregory House: "Cheese is the devil's plaything."
				---_House_