[DWJ] Survey Part 3: Everything Else

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Wed Mar 29 15:35:23 EST 2006

AND...

Both Margaret Mahy and DWJ have won the Children's Literature
Association's Phoenix award or Honor award in the past two years.  This
year, dwj won for Howl's Moving Castle and MM was runner up with The
Tricksters, while last year, MM won with Catalog of the Universe while
dwj was runner up for Fire and Hemlock.

Unfortunately, as you all know, dwj isn't up to traveling to California,
so she won't be speaking at our conference this year or picking up her
award in person.  Last year, MM gave a very enjoyable speech in
recognition of her award.

And here's a bit of shameless self-promotion:  if you are interested in
the conference (there will be papers on dwj AND mm this year!!!), here's
the website for more information:  http://wiz.cath.vt.edu/chla/chla2006/

We'll be meeting in Manhattan Beach California.... I know Rene will be
there (hi Rene!)...  anyone else on the list planning to come?  We could
have a listmeet!

Jackie