[DWJ] Re: Survey Part 3: Everything Else

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Wed Mar 29 05:54:24 EST 2006

Rowland, Jennifer A B writes:

> I wasn't the person who compared DWJ to Mahy, but I agree that they have
> similarities. For me, it's the... texture? of the worlds they create,
> the telling details that make them seem real. And non-gormless
> protagonists.

They both had characters named Chant, too... Laura Chant is the protagonist
of M. Mahy's THE CHANGEOVER... and of course DWJ used the same title for a
different book. Laura is an intrepid and passionate girl in the Polly mode.

Sallyo.

Challenges failed; a failure descried-
Eleven men down- seven over the side.

(Tom Journeyman)