[DWJ] Survey Part 3: Everything Else

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Wed Mar 29 02:47:21 EST 2006

At 09:25 PM 24/03/2006, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Writer who most reminds me of DWJ: Margaret Mahy

I agree heartily with this mystery person's opinion. I discovered both DWJ
and Mahy at around the same age, and even managed to get their books mixed
up in my head for a while. I am too tired to pin-point the similarities,
but think they both write great children/adolescent characters. They're
both great at writing believable magic as well. Maybe the other person on
the list who compared Mahy and DWJ could be more clear headed and articulate?

Emma