[DWJ] RE: Survey Part 3: Everything Else

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Mar 28 14:35:15 EST 2006

Jennifer complained (about Diane Duane and the "Door into" series)...

>Yeah, if only she'd stop messing around with projects that let her earn
>a living, and just do this one book for the, like, 27 people who've been
>waiting for it since the 80s...

Unfortunately for you 27, the fans of her cat-wizard series got to her
first.

Many people have been longing for the third volume of that series, but her
publishers wouldn't take it because the previous two didn't sell as well as
they wanted.  (And therefore she couldn't write it because it wasn't going
to pay the bills.)  So now she's writing "The Big Meow" as a
subscription-based thing and publishing it online.  See her blog and website
for more details.

(Being one of the cat-wizard fans, I think this is fantastic.  I haven't
been able to afford to subscribe yet, though I hope I will soon, but the
first chapter is currently available free.)

Maybe when she finishes this, you "Door into" fans could persuade her to do
the book you want on this basis...

(In case you don't know, her blog is at http://outofambit.blogspot.com/, and
there are lots of links there to her websites etc.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"