[DWJ] Melissa...

Mon Mar 27 22:58:07 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:45:26 -0800, sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:

>Is Melissa still on the list? I was "away" for a while and she seems not to
>have been around since I got back. (I never unsubbed, but was, and still am,
>too tied up in real world stuff to spend much time on my favourite list.)

I was wondering the same about you, after finding a picture book with your
name on it at the school library.  (Libraries built solely on donations are
such interesting things.  It was a TV tie-in of some sort about rescuing
Billy the Budgie, I think.)  I just don't have a lot of time to actually
post, though I do read everything that comes through.  I've been reading
vast quantities of books, from series mysteries to YA fiction to new
releases by old favorites, but I also spend a lot of time in my daughter's
school library and in between all that I have to keep house, which I hate.
When I have time to spend at the computer, it's usually spent writing up the
adventures of our newest D&D game.  It's a homebrew setting that's been
through a number of different gaming systems, and this is the fourth
adventure set in this world.  I've always regretted not keeping better notes
about these games, so I'd told myself I would definitely do it this
time--but it's turned into a fictionalized diary kept by my character, so it
takes more time than I'd planned.

I only wish that the stuff keeping me from participating here was more
important, instead of being mostly necessary housekeeping in various forms.
Okay, so it's Monday night, and that means I have to play D&D Online with
friends.  So some of it is fun and good.  But not dishes, and fighting the
everlasting battle with carpenter ants, and paying bills.  And it would be
nice if people in this house would stop getting sick and needing to be cared
for by me.  Someday, maybe....

Melissa Proffitt