[DWJ] Sir Thursday

swones at ksg.harvard.edu swones at ksg.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 27 13:06:55 EST 2006

Very small SPOILER for Grim Tuesday

It doesn't appear on the list of virtues you got from Wikipedia but I'd say
Tuesday's virtue is Hope. That's based on Japeth's statement that he would
side with Arthur as the only person he'd met in the Pit who offered any
hope.
Obdwj: Of course that's quite different from the Hope as an Anchor in
Homeward Bounders

*****************************
Suzanne Wones

             jon_p_noble at yahoo
             .com
             dwj-bounces at suber         dwj at suberic.net
             ic.net                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/19/2006 08:50          [DWJ] Sir Thursday
             PM

             Please respond to
              dwj at suberic.net

Just finished the fourth of Garth Nix's series.
Another sin is embodied and I am now certain there is
reference to one of the seven virtues in each book. I
though I picked up on in Drowned Wednesday. There is
clearly one here and on looking back in Mr Monday I
can see one there two. Any guesses as to Tuesday's
virtue.

Monday - Charity (shown by Arthur to Monday despite
objections from the will

Tuesday - ??

Wednesday - Faith (several references to characters
having to have faith - can't recall exact context)

Thursday - Justice (the will wants Sir Thursday to
face justice)

and my guesses for the next three sins

Friday - lust

Saturday - envy