[DWJ] Survey Part 3: Everything Else

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Mar 27 08:35:12 EST 2006

Sorry to hear you've been driven mad with curiosity, Judith!  FWIW, I
did include music, and mine's the one starting with lots of folk and
trad - but omitting one I was *sure* I'd mentioned: Iron & Wine.  I
also had one of the two trees (the one in Ireland, unsurprisingly),
but no film or TV.  And one of the two dog people, and the food with
gingerbread.

I loved your recommendation chain, Bettina - I discovered three of my
favourites (Connie Willis, Martha Wells and Sherwood Smith's Crown
and Court Duet) from Amazon, which still amazes me.  And Bujold
(also) and Cold Comfort Farm here - and then all the indirect routes
originating in the list: to BookCrossing, to adbooks (where I lurk
and can usually get books only long after everyone else has finished
talking about them), and list friends loaning as well as recommending
books.

And I just saw Temeraire (after reading Sherwood Smith raving about
the series) in a bookshop today, Jennifer - I only resisted because
of the (ahem) other books already being bought.  (Ha - all three of
which can be linked back to this list.)  It looks wonderful.  In
search of the Scott and Barnett books now.

Hallie