[DWJ] book rec

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Mar 25 16:49:36 EST 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 20:16, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> There's "The Island on Bird Street" by Uri Orlev,
> which is possibly the best book for 9-11 year olds ever written in
> Hebrew, I know it's available in English as well.

And in Dutch; I know that at least of my daughters has read it. The
eldest is very fond of WWII books, but social-circumstances books
rather than holocaust books. Her latest discovery is Klaus Kordon, who
writes very matter-of-factly about Jews as *people*.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 24-Mar-2005