Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sun Mar 19 07:04:19 EST 2006

>programme off. (Am I still bitter? They make so much money out of the
programme and the fans & >won't make anything new)

Dr Who was and is a huge favourite of mine, but I have to say a new series
mightn't be a good idea. Much of the appeal of 'Who' for me was the shonky
sets and the gravel pit... the stories and acting were the real stars, not
the fx. I fear that a new 'Who' series would go Glam and FX-y and might try
to cast a Spunk (ugh) as the Doctor. And yet if they made it in the fashion
I loved so much it would be consciously-nostalgic.

I rather liked Paul McGann as the Doctor, BTW, but Tom Baker and Peter
Davidson were my favourites.

Sallyo.

http://sallyodgers.50megs.com/byrequest.htm and have your say