Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sun Mar 12 05:10:39 EST 2006

> >I wish more people would use the convention of speaking of their
> >SOs/spouses/whatever as their "partner." It's so wonderfully inclusive

That's true, but to me "partner" means "business partner" about 90 % of the
time. So, if someone introduced me to her two Men, and said they were both
her partners, I'd assume a business connection. If she said one was her
husband, the other her partner, I'd get the point.

We probably need a new word... or else we could revive tallyman/tallywoman
or (to be fraightfully PC) "tallyperson".

Sallyo.

(Mrs Odgers.)