Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sat Mar 11 20:46:56 EST 2006

> > Ho ho.  Oh yes.  Every so often some dimwit rings up
> > and when I answer says
> > "Hello - Mrs. Maher?"  Patrick and I are not even
> > married, so that's someone
> > who really hasn't done their homework.  I take
> > vicious, gleeful delight in
> > explaining "No, Patrick's mother doesn't live here."
> >  They usually hang up
> > in stunned confusion. :-)

Blimey - remind me to never ring you up. I hate being snubbed... and I
really hate not knowing if a couple cohabiting are (a) married, but using
different surnames (b) unmarried and using different surnames or (c) sharing
a surname. It shouldn't matter, but as aforesaid - I don't like to be
snubbed and it happens if I get the wrong end of the stick. I mean...
several couples I know slightly may or may not be married... how would I
know, if they don't (a) display wedding pics or (b) tell me?

Sallyo.