[DWJ] mutilating, cracking, dunking, and otherwise abusing innocent books

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Tue Jun 27 14:19:44 EDT 2006

On 27/6/06 01:45, "Otter Perry" <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com> wrote:

> This means, incidentally, that it's been three years since I started
> _Guns, Germs, and Steel_ and I'm still not done.  But one of the
> problems is that when I set it down I forget about it.  It's actually
> more interesting now that he's done with his thesis and is just
> dealing with brass tacks, if I could only remember I'm reading it.
> I'm trying leaving it on my bed to see if that gets me to read it.

I was just looking at my library's copy of this to decide whether to keep it
on the shelf next year (for reasons too complicated to explain, I have to
clear about 8 shelves worth of books this summer, and put them in reserve
stock i.e. boxes). Would you recommend I do so - my students are 11-16?

EB
Elizabeth Bentley, Head of Learning Resources
Northbrook C of E School, London, UK
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com