[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Ridge, Judith Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 27 08:57:46 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: dwj-bounces at suberic.net on behalf of rohina at shaw.ca
Sent: Sat 6/24/2006 1:22 AM
To: Diana Wynne Jones
Subject: Re: [DWJ] OT: book pricing

>Love, Ika (very hard on books, being retrained by girlfriend after I read
>her irreplaceable paperback of Antonia Forest's *Peter's Room* in the bath
>till a page came out, then kept the page in a separate place from the rest
>of the book)

! I am speechless at the evil of you. I have *photocopies* of Falconer's
Lure because of its extreme raritude, and Peter's Room is arguably the
best Forest.

robyn

Is a first edition of "Peter's Room" rare? Because I have one—ex-several-libraries, so a bit down-at-mouth, but with dust jacket intact (underneath sturdy sticky-taped-in plastic cover). Pencilled inside is the 1966 price: $1.90—20%  Good heavens!

And—here comes the major confession—I've never read it.

Judith  (thinking she ought to go to bed and read it!)