[DWJ] Barbara Ninde Byfield and Pamela Branch

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Jun 26 20:51:23 EDT 2006

A little prowling in my local library's catalog revealed that Ms.
Byfield
also wrote detective stories.  I read one this afternoon.  It's not
bad, but
it's not funny, either.

Has anybody else ever heard of Pamela Branch?  I inherited a Penguin
paperback of a mystery called _Murder Every Monday_ which was written
in the 50s sometime.  She wrote a couple of other mysteries that I've
never
been able to find.  Now she _is_ funny.  I remember emitting peals of
involuntary laughter the first time I read it.  I still chuckle.

I found a letter to my sister the other day that I
had forgotten to mail.  It just needed a little
updating to send.  After "the baby is ..." I
crossed out "toilet trained" and wrote in
"graduating from high school this month."

                                        - Erma Bombeck