[DWJ] mutilating, cracking, dunking, and otherwise abusing innocent books

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Mon Jun 26 17:19:34 EDT 2006

> > (I admit that I *do* sometimes leave books open on their faces,
> > though.)
>
> I admit, reluctantly, to having done that myself.
>
> Something that works just as well, and is better for the book, is
> to park the open book upright with the place being held
> by the leg of something -- bedtable, coffee table, whatever is
> handy.

A book face down doesn't have to be left so open the spine cracks!  Most
will balance quite nicely on their side with the pages just open enough
to mark the place.

Mind you, I hardly ever do this.  I just close the book and find where I
was when I open it again.  Some friends are quite surpised I can do
this.

Kylie