[DWJ] Re: Dwj Digest,new Bujold

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Jun 26 16:41:18 EDT 2006

In <558.48155c.31d19eac at aol.com>, Devra at aol.com wrote:
>No, no, Minnow - that's American date notation. 10=October, 1=1st. Month
>first, then day, not day first, then month...
>    Devra

Oh.  I suppose if it goes hour/minute/second, logically it ought to go
year/month/day, but somehow in England it got reversed to be
day/month/year, which I suppose does have the advantage of being a
sequence rather than not being one.  How did the month get to the front,
I wonder but not very seriously.

In any case, it's a relief to know that the proofs I saw were not being
corrected *after* the publication of the book!

Minnow