[DWJ] welcoming the new people

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 26 16:04:49 EDT 2006

> Then again, you might argue that his selfishness in MC is for physical
> self-preservation (get back to my own world without being thrown in jail or
> worse) and in DS it's more of a spiritual/personal self-preservation (don't
> become enslaved by Janine). A different kind of selfishness? Is one better or
> worse than the other? And compared to Grundo's use of Roddy to make life easier
> for himself in MC?

Hm... the kind of people who specialize in discussing how family
dysfunctions affect people in later life would probably say that Nick's
extreme selfishness is a coping mechanism, and so is Grundo's-- it's
just that Grundo's is exposed to us in a different way. Dealing with
parents who are that kind of psycho, being blind to other people is one
way to survive. Once Janine is out of the picture, Nick has the
opportunity to 'come out of his shell' so to speak.  But that's only one
take on it.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Justice is better than chivalry if we cannot have both."
   -- Alice Stone Blackwell