[DWJ] mutilating, cracking, dunking, and otherwise abusing innocent books

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jun 26 14:37:25 EDT 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

|Roger said...
|
|> To me, trains mean tickets, and tickets mean free bookmarks. (I have a
|> small pot of tickets going back at least seven years, which I replenish
|> whenever I lose some...)
|
|Oh yes!  I thought I was the only one who did this, actually.  The prepaid
|tickets for Dublin's buses, like all the tickets for the trains and trams,
|are credit-card-sized rectangles of light card which make absolutely perfect
|bookmarks.  I have a large collection of them (and a few English train
|tickets) from the days before I had an annual bus ticket, and usually have
|at least a dozen in my handbag so as to be sure I'll never want for a
|bookmark.

I don't even have to straighten my elbow to reach the book by my
side where my place is currently marked with a depleted 10-ride
ticket for my morning train.

This doesn't change the fact that I am extremely hard on books,
of course. I even let the copy of Power of Three which DWJ
herself gave me lose its cover, although to be fair it was the UK
Macmillan paperback with the really cheap perfect binding, and
the glue wouldn't have held even if I had been careful.

-deborah
--
Let me remember this, please, when everything else
goes let me remember a goddess laughing after love.