[DWJ] welcoming the new people

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Jun 26 14:27:18 EDT 2006

Minnow suggested...

> Maybe they were expecting us to be talking more about DWJ than we
> generally
> tend to be doing?  At the moment it's Tolkien's empty roads, plot coupons,
> Bujold, maltreating books, Bristolian pronunciations....  In fact, all the
> sorts of things that DWJ herself would be perfectly happy to be talking
> about, really, in company with a group of friends, but not her books.
> She'd probably rather not talk about her books either.

One of the things I love about this list is our rambling.

> Maybe we ought to make a serious effort to discuss one of DWJ's books
> seriously, and see if they all come back again?

But we do do this sometimes too, so maybe we should again.

Topic for discussion (first thing I thought of!):

In "Deep Secret", Maree describes Nick at one point as "sweetly and kindly
and utterly selfish".  Based on the evidence in that book and in "The Merlin
Conspiracy", who thinks Maree's description is accurate?

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"