[DWJ] mutilating, cracking, dunking, and otherwise abusing innocent books

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Jun 26 14:22:14 EDT 2006

Roger said...

> To me, trains mean tickets, and tickets mean free bookmarks. (I have a
> small pot of tickets going back at least seven years, which I replenish
> whenever I lose some...)

Oh yes!  I thought I was the only one who did this, actually.  The prepaid
tickets for Dublin's buses, like all the tickets for the trains and trams,
are credit-card-sized rectangles of light card which make absolutely perfect
bookmarks.  I have a large collection of them (and a few English train
tickets) from the days before I had an annual bus ticket, and usually have
at least a dozen in my handbag so as to be sure I'll never want for a
bookmark.

(I admit that I *do* sometimes leave books open on their faces, though.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"