[DWJ] Langford (plus surreal rambling after

Chris Dollin eh at electric-hedgehog.net
Mon Jun 26 12:53:37 EDT 2006

On Monday 26 June 2006 13:31, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> >> If not, his website is something like ansible.co.uk
> >Exactly like that, in fact.
>
> Not being webbed, I always expect there to be mysterious initials such as
> http associated with any website, and lots of forward slashes and colons
> and other ephemera --

If you say "website", the http:// in front of the domain name is rather assumed.

Often the browser will assume it for you, which is OK. /Some/ browsers,
if they can't find a host with that domain name, will then try a bunch of
smartarse tricks to guess the name, such as looking it up in J Random
Guesslist. Usually these can be tamed by nailing tickmarks into suitable
boxes.

I don't know about waterbutts.

--
Chris "Smug, not Semi" Hedgehog