[DWJ] welcoming the new people

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Jun 26 12:45:09 EDT 2006

deborah wrote:

>As the list administratrix, I see that we have had many new
>people joining the list, lately (some of whom leave soon
>afterwards -- I hope our recent loquaciousness is not scaring
>people away!).

Maybe they were expecting us to be talking more about DWJ than we generally
tend to be doing?  At the moment it's Tolkien's empty roads, plot coupons,
Bujold, maltreating books, Bristolian pronunciations....  In fact, all the
sorts of things that DWJ herself would be perfectly happy to be talking
about, really, in company with a group of friends, but not her books.
She'd probably rather not talk about her books either.

Maybe we ought to make a serious effort to discuss one of DWJ's books
seriously, and see if they all come back again?

Minnow