[DWJ] mutilating, cracking, dunking, and otherwise abusing innocent books

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Jun 26 11:27:01 EDT 2006

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 02:32:42PM +1000, Kathleen Jennings wrote:
>
>> Lately, I've started dog-earring corners, even (I still won't leave
>> books faceup), but only my own books and only (and almost always old)
>> paperbacks. If I can manage to carry sticky notes with me I'll break
>> the habit (but the notes are bulky).
>>
>> I'm always worried someone will scold me on the train.

What you need are the sticky flags.  They don't take up much space.

I don't know how I got through school [before they were invented,
old thing that I am] without them.  They're so wonderful for marking
places in a book that you want to be able to find again.

There is no point in being Irish if you don't understand
that the world is going to break your heart someday.

                             - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
                                on the assassination of John F Kennedy