[DWJ] Re:Bujold

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 06:22:51 EDT 2006

> 2006/6/25, Otter Perry <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com>:
> > What did everybody think of _The Hallowed Hunt_,
> > hereinafter referred to as THH? ...  But I was a little
> > underwhelmed by the book altogether.  Is it just me or
> > has she done this before,  and better?

I read it a couple of weeks ago. There are lots of things I loved about
it- Jokol and Fafa, and Ijada, and the new society, and the shamanistic
magic, and the sad villain- but as I blogged at the time,
"I don't know if it isn't as well written as the other ones in that
world or if it's just that I'm spotting stylistic tics more, but there
are short sections now and again that are making me notice the writing a
bit too much ("oh look, religion infodump!")".
I think it will reread well, though.
Jennifer