[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 25 05:55:20 EDT 2006

Otter said:

I buy paperbacks nowadays because they're lighter and smaller.  I have
owned in my life a couple of tons of books, and am a recovering book-
owner.  Paperbacks are easier to move and store.  [Not to worry:  I
still own a lot of books.]

But I buy Diana Wynne Jones, Terry Pratchett, and Robin McKinley
in hardback because I like them better that way and, more importantly,
because I have no intention of waiting until they're available in
paperback.

I have the Chalion books in hardback for that reason, and also I know I will want to keep re-reading them, and the hardbacks will stand up better to repeated re-readings.
Am trying to find a hardback copy of Tigana for that reason. My paperback is read to death.
Regards
Elizabeth