[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 25 05:43:21 EDT 2006

Minnow, talking about Melisande, by E. Nesbit, says:

It's one of the gems in the *Puffin Book of Princesses* (1965), which I
regard as the finest collection of stories about Princesses ever: it
includes Dickens' "The Magic Fishbone" and MacDonald's "The Light Princess"
-- which is *surely* an influence on Mercedes Lackey's "Sun and Shadow"
song and story? -- and de la Mare's "The Dancing Princesses", and Wilde's
"The Birthday of the Infanta", as well as stories by Kipling, Milne,
Somerset Maughan, Farjeon, Thurber, and others less well-known.

Yes, I'm sure that's where I read it. As you say, some lovely stories in that collection.
Regards
Elizabeth