[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Sat Jun 24 17:14:43 EDT 2006

On 23/6/06 16:34, "Otter Perry" <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 22, 2006, at 10:39 PM, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:
>
>>   Good for her.  My sister had hip-lenth hair at age 16 and was so
>> self-conscious about it that she had it cut and got a wild perm and
>> said it was her best decision ever.
>
> Has anyone else read _The Saturdays_ by Elizabeth Enright?

Yes - I love all her books (apart from Tatsinda, which I haven't read). I
bought a collected edition of the Melendy books, apart from Spiderweb for
two, when I visited New York in 1975, but I had already read some at least
as a child.

The description of Mona at the hairdresser's is a wonderful mixture of
teenage rebellion and teenage resilience.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com