[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Sat Jun 24 17:00:05 EDT 2006

On 23/6/06 13:38, "Minnow" <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:

> Seeing numbers and days of the week as being of particular colours didn't
> strike him as autistic either, come to think of it: he said that was "a
> surprisingly common characteristic referent-scheme among creative subjects"
> or some such.

I was very surprised the other day reading a reference to a book about a
child with synesthesia ( e.g. seeing numbers and days of the week as being
of particular colours) being about a problem. I have no idea why it should
be a problem. I remember in Marjorie Allingham's book The mind-readers it
was an ability seen as positively useful.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com