[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Sat Jun 24 15:19:52 EDT 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:02:52 -0400 (EDT), Kyra Jucovy wrote:

>You know, my mother's first reaction on. . . reading? rereading? _Fire and
>Hemlock_ was to ask me if she resembled Ivy.  I was really confused.  My
>mother is nothing like Ivy!  Why on Earth was she worrying about this?  It
>was kind of disturbing that my mother would even think this was a
>possibility.

Ivy is the perfect example of what I most fear becoming.  Not that there's
really any danger of this, but it would be too easy to fall into similar
patterns of behavior without noticing.  If you love your children, the idea
of them being neglected is horrifying, and the idea that you might be the
one doing the neglecting is even worse.  Personally, I think that worrying
about being like Ivy is a good thing, because it means you're not.  I figure
Ivy never worried once about the kind of mother she was.

Melissa Proffitt