[DWJ] mutilating, cracking, dunking, and otherwise abusing innocent books

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Jun 24 13:45:01 EDT 2006

On Friday, June 23, 2006, at 07:20 PM, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> And while I'm in the mood for disagreeing with the vocal majority :)
>
> ...what is WRONG with you people?  Beating up on poor innocent books
> like
> that, dogearing and cracking spines and subjecting them to the
> possibility
> of water damage?  It's like a convention of sadists around here.  :)
> I like
> being able to read a book multiple times without it looking battered.
> Bookshelves full of books purchased to be read and loved (as opposed to
> books bought by the yard for decoration) are extremely unattractive
> objects
> except to book lovers.  I figure it's just that much worse if the
> books look
> like they have been used as coasters since the Peninsular War.
>
> Melissa Proffitt
> (who is admittedly sort of anal about book condition)

Yup.  Yes.  Absolutely.

Although I admit to having read in the bathtub, but only paperbacks.  I
even figured out how to read in the shower, but have only done it two
or three times, and not at all in years and years.  Actually, it's been
long time since I lived with a bathtub suitable for reading in ....

There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, ammo.  Use in that order.

                                                        --Ed Howdershelt