[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Jun 23 20:52:23 EDT 2006

There's some in _The Natural History of the Senses_, I think it's
called,
by Diane Ackerman [sp?].  I seem to remember it's supposed to be a kind
of cross-wiring.  There's a story about a mother and son who discovered
they each had synaesthesia.  The interesting thing is that they didn't
assign the same colors to the same sounds -- or however it worked for
them.

Some people have their sense of touch involved.  That would be strange.

On Friday, June 23, 2006, at 01:02 PM, Chris Dollin wrote:

> On Friday 23 June 2006 17:26, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:
>
>>   I read an article a few years ago in Smithsonian magazine about
>> people
>>   who see letters and numbers in color; they called it synesthesia and
>>   went on to talk about how these people also may see specific colors
>>   when they listen to music or have certain emotions.  For a long
>> time I
>>   figured I must have synesthesia, but I finally remembered that  any
>> colors
>>   I have associated with letters are mostly the same as the  colors
>> on my
>>   kiddie alphabet chart.  Too bad.  The most I can  claim is that
>> letters and
>>   numbers have definite genders to me.
>
> Dan Goodman in rec.arts.sf.composition is synaesthetic (is that the
> right word?).
> The topic comes up from time to time.
>
> There's some stuff about anesthesia in I think one of Ramachandra's
> brain books. I may remember to go dig it out.

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own
image when it turns out that God hates all the same people
you do.

                                                                    Anne
Lamott