[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Jun 23 18:02:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
> |My baby is reading _Fire and Hemlock_ for the first time.  She came upstairs
> |and screamed "I HATE IVY!" and has been saying how glad she is to have a mom
> |like me.  :)  She also now understands why I'm so strict about hair brushing
> |and the elimination of rats' nests....
>
> Which DWJ mother figure does Melissa most resemble?
>
> If you're lucky, we'll say Catriona.
>
> -deborah

You know, my mother's first reaction on. . . reading? rereading? _Fire and
Hemlock_ was to ask me if she resembled Ivy.  I was really confused.  My
mother is nothing like Ivy!  Why on Earth was she worrying about this?  It
was kind of disturbing that my mother would even think this was a
possibility.

						---Kyra

---
"If anything, I have too much space.  Every two months, I am doing a nice
Stalinist purge."
		---Zizek on his home, as quoted at
		http://www.rebeccamead.com/2003/2003_05_05_art_marx.htm