[DWJ] Langford (was Big Bad Read)

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Jun 23 16:07:19 EDT 2006

>On Friday 23 June 2006 16:31, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:
>> Minnow wrote:
>> > There may be a link to the ill-starred 1980s short story
>> > collection *Temps*, ... I know that it involved the rather
>> > Chrestomanci head of a Department whose business was keeping
>> > psychics in government employ rather than their going around
>> > doing their own thing.
>>
>> Was there a Langford story in there? About a man whose talent was
>> transferring booze from other people's glasses into his own?

Chris "not /that/ variable" Hedgehog responded:

>Yes.
>
>> And were the others as good as that one?
>
>Variable.
>
>> (May have to get hold of a copy, if so.)
>
>You're not having /mine/.

If you really really liked Langford's story, I hope you know the
collections of his work.  If not, his website is something like
ansible.co.uk and I expect he lists things like collections of his short
stories and articles.  I think he might even have some of them on-line.

Minnow