[DWJ] Enright (was Happy DWJ-book-related news)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Jun 23 14:43:25 EDT 2006

On Friday, June 23, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Minnow wrote:

>> On Thursday, June 22, 2006, at 10:39 PM, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:
>>
>>>   Good for her.  My sister had hip-lenth hair at age 16 and was so
>>> self-conscious about it that she had it cut and got a wild perm and
>>> said it was her best decision ever.
>
> Otter asked:
>
>> Has anyone else read _The Saturdays_ by Elizabeth Enright?
>
> Yes, but not for a long time and I don't have a copy.  Would this
> question
> be something to do with Mona?

Yes.  On her first Saturday, she got her long hair cut and permed.
There
was a major kerfluffle when she got home.

> I do have a hardback *The Four-Storey Mistake* downstairs, and *Return
> Gone-Away* likewise, but never managed to find any apart from those
> three
> and never owned the first one.

My copy of "The Saturdays" is a Penguin, as is "Spiderweb for Two."
Two of the others are Yearling Paperbacks, an imprint for children's
paperbacks.  Two or three are hardbacks from library sales.  [The
Detroit Public Library used to have these _amazing_ sales.  It's hard
for me to  believe I could possibly miss working in Detroit, but there
were _some_ perks.]

I notice they were republished in the USA in 2002.  You can get an
idea of prices from Amazon.co.uk or from Amazon.com.