[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 23 14:41:41 EDT 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 20:30, Otter Perry wrote:

> My sister came home with pierced ears when she was 17 or so,
> c 1959, and I'll never forget _that_.  [I got mine pierced when I
> was 30, and the second set of holes when I was 47 or so.  I'm sure
> my mother disapproved .... ]

When I was a wee sprog, seven or so, in the nineteen-sixties, the kid
next door had pierced ears and my mother pronounced it "common"
<wrinkle nose>. I had mine done when I was 18, on my first month's
salary from the job I had between high school and university. (Then the
extra one on the left in my mid-twenties to mark a change of life that
I've since forgotten)

My eldest daughter had hers pierced for her twelfth birthday. much to
the chagrin of her father who thinks one shouldn't have Holes Poked in
the Body (though he did buy me some earrings once). I quietly
encouraged her to have it done anyway, as I shall the other two when
they hit twelve in a year and two months.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005