[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Jun 23 12:39:56 EDT 2006

Paul wrote:

>Having already read Kim's 'Temps' story, I'm fairly sure that it's not
>connected to the Diogenes club series, as one of them features
>something horrifying happening to Margaret Thatcher, while the
>other... features something completely different but equally
>horrifying happening to Margaret Thatcher.
>
>He's not a fan of the Thatcher government, I gather.

I didn't mean that it was a continuation  or even set in the same one of
the many alternative-earths, just that the idea of the psychics' branch of
government is something that it seems the two things have in common, and
Kim might have gone on playing with that after *Temps* had stopped looking
as if it might one day become a series.  I think there were two books
before the idea folded.

As for literary revenge on Thatcher, why bother?  What that anyone has
written is worse than what has happened to her in Real Life (OMT): betrayed
(as she saw it), kicked out, sidelined, ignored, and finally regarded with
utter disrespect as a bit of a joke and completely ga-ga?

Minnow