[DWJ] misunderstanding as plot-device (was Re: Last Battle)

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Fri Jun 23 12:06:03 EDT 2006

I haven't ever walked out on a movie or stop reading a book with this  sort of plot (or maybe I have, and I forgot), but it does annoy  me.  I think the biggest problem for me is that  misunderstanding-driven plots are based upon chance and/or fate and  involve very little brain work of the characters.  I much prefer  stories about people who are using their heads than stories about  people who are pawns to fate.

  EGH