[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Fri Jun 23 11:59:31 EDT 2006

  And Paul wrote:

> 'The Man from the Diogenes Club', by Kim Newman. It's a collection of
stories about a section of the British secret service tasked with
dealing with rogue magicians, bloodthirsty ghosts, murderous voodoo
practicioners, etc. (Also a Blofeld-type supervillain, a plot to take
over the world by an advanced computer, and - just for a change of
pace - an sf writer clubbed to death with his own Hugo award.)

> I enjoyed it immensely, but I suspect it's one of those 'if you like
things like this' situations - which leaves the problem of usefully
defining 'things like this'.

  It sounds amusing to me!  Yet another title for my ever-growing list of to-reads.

  EGH