[DWJ] Re: Last Battle

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Jun 23 11:52:10 EDT 2006

On Friday, June 23, 2006, at 07:34 AM, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> Heck, no.  I can't bear Brust's To Reign In Hell simply because
> it posits the entire Fall as the result of misunderstandings and
> intentional manipulations of other people's understanding of
> what's going on.

Hmmmm.  I own all the Brust in paperback that I've been able to
buy, but I've never been able to get very far with _To Reign in Hell_.
That may well be the problem.

The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war
appears to be one of the most ancient and
dangerous of human illusions.

                                 - Robert Lynd