[DWJ] OT: Battered books (was OT: book pricing)

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 09:44:07 EDT 2006

You know, I just don't have that many books left from my childhood. I have
the harcover Winnie the Pooh / Milne poetry set (in red and green covers) my
parents bought for me when I was born. And I have my original paperback of
"A Wizard of Earthsea" (complete with glorious Pilgrim font!).

But everything else is newish.

This is mostly because, at 13, I did a STUPID THING and sold most of my
books at a yard sale. Don't ask me why. I've always loved books, always.
Except, apparantly, for that day.

sigh

Well, my increasing mould allergy means they would have just sat untouched
on the shelf anyway . . ..

widdy

--
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
iwriddell at gmail.com / riddell at perfectharmonychorus.org