[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 23 08:59:55 EDT 2006

Minnow wrote:
> Jennifer wrote of reading to pieces a copy of
> >Swiss Family Robinson
>
> Please tell me that was in the translation in which they are
> met on the beach by a flock of flamingoes and penguins?  I
> promise that this was the case in the edition we had when I
> was a child, and I adored that image.

I don't remember it- but I now discover that I have surprisingly few
memories of the book, so it might have been there. My main recollections
are the treehouse complex with running water, and the mixed-animal race,
and that's more from the illustration than the text. (The boy on the
ostrich!)
Hmm. I wonder if it was something about the book that is less memorable
than others I read at the same time, or if the books I think I remember
from childhood are really those I re-read in my teens?
Jennifer