[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Jun 23 08:10:25 EDT 2006

Katta wrote:

>Outside of DWJ, I can mostly just recall the Jadises and Bavmordas who
>already have a large slice of the world and don't seem that eager to widen
>it.

In *The Magician's Nephew* Jadis is prepared to speak the Deplorable Word
(oh, that's a *brilliant* phrase) and destroy the world if she isn't to be
allowed to have it all.

Presumably either that Word doesn't work in Narnia, or she has forgotten it
in the time that intervenes between TMN and LWW.

I suppose that having the power to destroy a world isn't quite the same as
being able to take it over, though in *this* world it seems to be equated
somewhat.

Minnow