[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Ika Willis blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 07:49:52 EDT 2006

LWilkinson wrote:

> My most battered books:
>
> Fire and Hemlock
> Charmed Life
> several Teddy Robinson books
> an Alice in Wonderland
>
> Anyone else?

God, I'm on my third reading copy of *Charmed Life* (crappy 70s/80s
Penguin edition - it's the one I grew up with and I seem to have a
quasi-autistic fondness for reading it in the right font and with the page
breaks in the right place). I'm trying to get hold of a first edition with
the beautiful Ionicus cover, which is the closest thing to a decent
picture of Chrestomanci I've yet found. (I wish there were more fan
artists in DWJ fandom who weren't drawing in a manga-influenced way: for
me, it takes a *really* talented artist to capture character in that often
very genericized style.) I meant to get it before the Reader's Day, so I
could ask DWJ to sign it, but I just didn't get round to it...

Love, Ika (very hard on books, being retrained by girlfriend after I read
her irreplaceable paperback of Antonia Forest's *Peter's Room* in the bath
till a page came out, then kept the page in a separate place from the rest
of the book)