[DWJ] OT: book pricing

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 23 05:49:51 EDT 2006

Lili wrote:
> My most battered books:
>
> Fire and Hemlock
> Charmed Life
> several Teddy Robinson books
> an Alice in Wonderland

I'm not sure, because some of my battered ones were secondhand or
inherited to begin with, I think. However, my sib and I definitely read
several books to pieces all by ourselves- a Johnny Ball "fun with maths"
one, and a rainy day activities one, one of those "schoolchild howlers"
books, a Nigel Rees Graffiti book (oh, we were highbrow!), Swiss Family
Robinson, Charmed Life, um, the Tolkien collection with Tree and Leaf...
we occasionally find sad orphaned pages around.
Jennifer