[DWJ] OT: book pricing

LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au
Fri Jun 23 00:11:11 EDT 2006

> I'm a little more ruthless now.
>
> But even I could not read the Penguin _Don Quixote_ without putting
> a lot of creases in the spine.

Oh, I am such a spine-cracker. And a page-folder. And a face-down leaver.
Thomas Lynn would slap me silly (except i might enjoy that...).

Only with paperbacks, though. Wouldn't mistreat a 'nice' book that I wanted
to keep for posterity. Although I have to say that some of the best books
are paperbacks that are barely holding together from being loved so much.
Like teddy bears with patchy fur and missing eyes. they are always the best
kind.

My most battered books:

Fire and Hemlock
Charmed Life