[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 22 23:11:46 EDT 2006

I pondered on (the other) Elizabeth's long hair :

> Wow, I'm impressed. I've never known anyone whose hair hangs below their knees
> before. I know there's a (fairly modern) fairy tale about a princess whose
> hair grows really long, but I can't remember what it's called.  (I thought it
> was George Macdonald's Light Princess, but I see it's not).

And Judith kindly supplied the correct tale:
Melisande, by E. Nesbit. Illustrations in 90s picture book version by PJ
Lynch.

Thanks very much, Judith. I read it again a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it very much. I would love to see what DWJ would do with this premise!
Regards
Elizabeth.